My Blog List

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Looking Back at 2010

            At our January 2011 dinner, we looked back at our dining experiences in 2010.  I participated in the dinners at Matteo’s, Cosmopolitan Café, Lion’s Gate, Zocalos, Swabbie’s, California Pizza Kitchen, Kupros Grill and The Cafeteria.  We voted and chose our favorite restaurant for 2010 was Lion’s Gate.  Surprised?  Read my next blog about being wowed!
            There were extenuating circumstances that led us to choose Lion’s Gate.  We knew the chef personally, Michael Wright of the Sheraton.  He was at Lion’s Gate temporarily.  He gave us an exceptional meal. See the blog for March 25, 2010.
            Two of our dining experiences were especially memorable not because of the food but because of the announcements.  For one of us, a grandchild on the way.  Another an engagement. And another an elopement.  Three events, three daughters all so loved.
            We made a list of places to dine in 2011.  Pearl on the River (again but upstairs), Ambience, 1022, Tower Bridge Bistro, The Grange, Roxy and we want to go to Mermaids just to see it.
            We had a mayor sighting and an outdoor dining ant biting.  We celebrated together and we felt loss together.  Joy and sorrow.  Our monthly dinners are our therapy. Our dining expense is far less than what we would pay for professional advice. We can vent our frustrations about work or lack of it, parents, husbands, kids and friendships.  In the next breath, we celebrate those same life experiences and people. 

To my Ladies Night friends:
I am a better person because of you.  You support me when I need it and guide me when I get lost.  You care about me no matter what.  I care about each of you. Unconditional support is what we give each other.  For that, I am grateful.  And a fabulous meal.

Here is to our 2011 Dining and Whining experiences! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that The Press was disappointing, but I can tell you that 1022 will be a different experience. I went on a date there recently and it was great, service and food were both excellent and they had live music that did not overtake the conversation.

    I love this post, as it reflects how I too feel about the women in my life. So very grateful and you are one of them!

    Have you been to Lalo's?

    Hope to see you sometime soon!

    Red

    ReplyDelete