My Blog List

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ettore's May 1st "I've gotta Beef with Cancer"

On Saturday May 1st, I encourage you to join me at Ettore’s on Fair Oaks for an event benefitting the RAC PAC team and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Saturday May 8th at Cal Expo.

I have a vested interest in finding a cure for breast cancer. Two beautiful daughters. A mother who is a survivor. A best friend who is a survivor. And too many women that I know are survivors. Thank God they survived. But a cure would eliminate the need for this race and this fundraising effort.

One simple thing you can do is go to Ettore’s this week and purchase a pink ribbon to hang in the restaurant. Do it for the survivors in your life. Do it for your daughters, mothers, and grandmothers. Do it for yourself. Do it for my survivor friends and family.

I need to recognize Ettore. He is an amazing man with piercing eyes and a desire to do all he can for this cause. In my meetings with him during this process, I find him so giving and kind. I urge you to come support a cure and Ettore!

I have been a part of the Komen Sacramento event for 12 years as a participant, committee member, and team captain and team committee member. This year I joined the RAC PAC team, now over 300 strong, started by an amazing woman, Sonia Susac. Her story, young mother of two diagnosed with breast cancer. A survivor who took the journey a step farther by creating this team, nurturing the women on it, fundraising amazing amounts of money and able to get me to do anything she needs to make this a success. I admire her tenacity for the cause. I do this for Sonia.

And my good friend, survivor extraordinaire who has prevailed over circumstances that most women would never survive. A real life survivor of breast cancer and life. She gives so much to all of us who are proud to call her friend. You know who you are and who she is. She is too humble to let me name her. I do this for her.

My mom, who survived and thrived. No sympathy required. She just got it handled and moved on. Strong that Mom of mine. I love you. I do this for you.

Here is the link to the event. I will be there all day. Please join me.

www.ettores.com

2 comments:

  1. Well written. Have saved your blog in my favorites list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a nice write-up! Thank you. I love your other restaurant tips too. I totally forgot about Poor Reds!

    ReplyDelete