My Blog List

Monday, February 8, 2010

Small Plates - Places to Try

I find that there are experiences that I want to share aside from the monthly dinner. So the Small Plates section will be a preview of some of the places I want you to try.


One Speed. Lovely. Lunchtime. Starting with the best focaccia I have had. The salty taste with the aromatic olive oil was sublime. And they have a $3.75 glass of wine. It reminded me of my Papa who used to drink his red wine in a small juice glass. The server told us it was inexpensive because it came in a bag...interesting. It was delicious with the pizza. Oh the pizza, light and fresh with a crunch. You have to go. Their menu changes this week for dinner and I can't wait to see what it will be.
www.onespeedpizza.com

Formoli's Bistro
Sacramento Magazine listed this as one of the 10 great burgers in town in the February issue. My dining friend is a burger officianado. So for Friday Fun Day, we set our sights on lunch in East Sac. Loved the interior. We had excellent service. We split the burger which was so juicy and flavorful we couldn't ask for more in a bite of burger. Yummy.
3260 J St. (916) 448-5699

1 comment:

  1. Love One Speed. Great salads too! And the braised duck and polenta was amazing... especially since I don't generally care for duck.

    Keep it up Kath, totally lovin this!

    ReplyDelete