My Blog List

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why Blog?

For 19 years, I have gone to dinner once a month with ladies that met when our children were in pre-school at Cottage Park. In those early years we sat at swim meets and shared our lives with each other. School, sports, careers and vacations were our topics. Now that our kids are almost all grown, our discussions include caring for our parents.
We call ourselves, Ladies Night, not too original but it works. We rotate whose month it is. It is usually a surprise destination announced on the way. Initially our purpose was to dine where our husbands wouldn't and where we weren't surrounded by children. Through the years we have many favorites and have observed the coming and going of some fine establishments. We have memories of meals where presentation was the focus and some that were all about the ambiance. And we have had some glorious meals where every part of the dinner was exceptional.
The best part of these meals is the company. We have shared our life events and provided encouragement and comfort along the way. Often we don't talk between dinners but we catch up each month as we dine.
Why the name, I dine, I whine!? I love these dining events. I savor every piece of conversation. The sharing and caring each one shows for their family and each other is the sweet crackling sound of the creme brulee. I don't whine. But it rhymes.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am sooo excited for you and this is just marvelous. I so want to go to the Corner Bar and Cafe now!

    Congratulations my dear, and what does one have to do to get an invite?

    ReplyDelete